Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ballad of the Crushed one

I stare at the sky
with sand under my toes
with the wind swirling through my ears
gazing at the horizon

I trudge in the mud
craving once again the sweetness from the past
when I was weak and vulnerable
with my dad's shoulder below my legs
and his voice under my ears
saying
grow up my son...

I climb the verdant hill
smelling the fragrance of the flowers
the fragrance of loneliness
it squeezes me until shapeless
when memories of her smile wipe away my daydream
and my tear bursted from these exhausted eyes

A tree behind me
and a palm leaf beside me
they comfort me not
now that warm loving shoulder will never appear below my legs anymore 
while I am still breathing
nor will that smile appear again before me to ease my pains
I am crushed to pieces

I stare at the cloudy sky
gazing at the horizon
ripped apart by these excruciating torturous torments
knowing
there will be more pain
as long as this wretched world
still exists when my eyes are opened.....

No comments: